BreakAway Health Corporation is honored to offer Wellbriety services. Wellbriety is a part of our healing curriculum through White Bison.
We support all federally recognized Native American/Alaska Native tribes. BreakAway uses culturally-based approaches in order to better assess each individual. Wellbriety helps individuals and families recover from unresolved grief and losses created by intergenerational trauma.
- Culturally-based Wellbriety curriculum
- Medicine Wheel and 12 Steps course, materials and related counseling
- Mending Broken Hearts course, materials and related counseling
- Warrior Down/Recovery Coach course, materials and related counseling
- The Red Road to Wellbriety: In the Native American Way and the supplementary workbook
- Having a relationship and ready access to at least one Native American elder for advice
- Ensuring that Native traditional healing practices are incorporated into treatment programs (smudging, naming or healing ceremony, etc.)
- Coordinating and ensuring staff have access to facilitator training on the Medicine Wheel and 12 Steps course, Mending Broken Hearts course, Warrior Down/Recovery Coach course and The Red Road to Wellbriety: In the Native American Way study groups/circles
- BreakAway’s Aftercare Program
We work closely with Transitions Wellness who orchestrates the Wellbriety graduations. They host a beautiful ceremony and gift a blanket, Wellbriety coin, and medicine for the individual. Any Native that comes in and completes the Wellbriety curriculum will qualify for graduation.
The “Well” part of Wellbriety is the inspiration to go beyond just sobriety and recovery. It is the commitment to a life of wellness and healing every day.
Click Here to visit the White Bison Website.
Click Here to visit the Transitions Wellness Website.